Friday 7 September 2012

Friday 7 September
Left Fradley junction bright and early. No dew and no clouds. (All day.)    We decided that we needed to get some miles under our belt.  I walked this morning as i cannot get my swims in, and had a lovely long walk.  However, big mistake as we had a series of locks to manage.  2 early locks then the flight of eleven.  We met up with a couple of boats from a hire company who needed to get back for Saturday.  We started the long flight and then I decided it was Grumpy Men's day.  We were going quite well when a boat from the other direction decided to do some urgent repairs in the Lock.  I pointed out nicely that he should not do this in the lock especially as there were several boats waiting to go up the flight.  He was very rude and verbal so I got back on the boat and left it to John to sort out. On another occasion I caught a Man filling the empty lock when we were almost ready to enter it.  He went off in a huff to his boat.  It was probably the  hot weather had made them out of sorts.  We eventually got to our night base at the Anchor Inn at Bridge 29 and had a lovely supper and Rioja.

No comments:

Post a Comment