Thursday 30 August 2012

Tuesday 28 August.




Shhsss we woke up and the sun was shining.  Not a cloud in the sky.  We hurriedly got going and headed towards Manchester. We passed Worsley  At one point I decided to walk so John stopped the boat onto a small jetty and when I looked up it was the back entrance to the Trafford Centre.  No I did not go in.  As I was walking a snappy Jack Russell snapped and nipped the back of my leg.  I have gone right off small dogs (sorry Rita)  I gave the owners a good piece of my mind.  We stopped off at Sale and was very impressed as to how the Canal was in the centre and that the area had a good feel to the area.  We carried on after a quick romp around Sale and ended up at Lymm.  We had been told by one of the Marine Owners that this would be a good place to stop.  He was right, the village enveloped the canal.  There are lots of lovely shops to brouse and several restuarants. It also had a heretage walk which we walked part of.  We met a couple who had moured opposite and they had hired a boat for a weeks holiday but had little instruction.  They were very impressed with John's reversing into our mooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment